This is a recipe that I like to make every once in a while for the family, it's great for kids and adults as one!
2 cups of Israeli couscous and shape you desire
1 red onion diced
1 carrot diced
1 red pepper diced
2 1/2 cups chicken stock or 2 1/2 cups of boiling water
1 tsp salt
2 pinches of black pepper
2 tsp paprika
Vegetable oil for sauteing
Chopped parsley for garnish and flavor
- Place a sauté pan on medium and drizzle in some oil.
- Sauté the vegetables for about 3 minutes until the vegetables are al dente.
- Add the Israeli couscous and toast the pasta for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in a drop more oil to the pan and add in the liquid of choice and seasonings. Mix well to incorporate the seasonings.
- Lower the flame and let cover the pot, cook the pasta for about 6-8 minutes until they are tender.
- Garnish with the parsley and serve hot!