One of the coolest thing to learn when I was in chef school was how to take healthy ingredients and make it into a salad. here is an original recipe from my mentor chef Jeff Lewis.
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 3 cooked beets
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbls of balsamic vinegar
- Fillet of 1 orange and the juice squeezed out of it
- 1 bunch of fresh mint chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package.
- Saute the red onion until browned.
- Once everything is cooked, mix the rest of the ingredients together and serve cold.