Since the war has started and I have been feeding thousands of soldiers weekly, I decided to send them fresh baked Laffa bread instead of buying pita from the supermarket.
So, here is the recipe:
8 cups of flour
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and knead for 7 to 8 minutes until the dough is smooth.
Cover and let rise for 45-60 minutes
2. Once risen, pat down the dough to get the air pockets out.
3. Prepare a frying pan on medium low heat , you don’t want the pan to be too hot because you don’t wanna burn the bread
4. Roll out the dough into golf ball, size balls, thin enough that you can see your fingers through the dough, place and pan and cook until light brown on each side for about 45 to 50 seconds aside.
5. Repeat the process until you finished all of the dough, Place on addition, cover with a towel to keep fresh.
Serve with fresh hummus, or any dip you’d like.
Sidenote– This is a great simple and fast recipe. You can also use for homemade pizza dough.